Old June 4th 04, 03:59 PM
Bob LeChevalier

Holger Dansk wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 09:54:53 GMT, wrote:
Bob LeChevalier wrote:

Spelling is convention. The Founders of the United States did not pay
much attention to how things were spelled. Shakespeare was even less
consistent - he spelled his name several different ways. Are you
going to say that Shakespeare had trouble with language?

It's okay to spell your name any way you want to. I could spell Holger
"Xyzabc" if I wanted to. However, I would constantly have to tell
people how to pronounce it.

If you spelled it Xyzabc one week and Holger the next week, people
would look at you funny. Shakespeare spelled his name a variety of
ways that varied from time to time.

lojbab
--
lojbab

Bob LeChevalier, Founder, The Logical Language Group
(Opinions are my own; I do not speak for the organization.)
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban:
http://www.lojban.org