Old September 16th 03, 11:02 AM
just me

Default They can afford televisions, but . . .

"dragonlady" wrote in message
This is just too wierd to be made up.

According to an AP report, due to lack of funds, students must pledge to
televised flag.

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- Unable to buy enough real flags for the new school
year, Central High has taken to showing an image of the American flag on
classroom TVs while students make the pledge.

A new state law requires school children to say the pledge at least once
a week, and the school simply doesn't have enough flags for that.

Local tv news recently reported that at least one school district around
here can't afford flags either and cancelled an order due to that. I don't
know if they have tvs in the classrooms as the school district is half way
across the state. It made me wonder how many other schools are facing that
situation as well, while also dealing with mandated class sizes and related
construction and staff increase costs.

-Aula