Old September 16th 03, 02:18 PM
Herself

Default They can afford televisions, but . . .

dragonlady wrote:

This is just too wierd to be made up.

According to an AP report, due to lack of funds, students must pledge to
televised flag.

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- Unable to buy enough real flags for the new school
year, Central High has taken to showing an image of the American flag on
classroom TVs while students make the pledge.

A new state law requires school children to say the pledge at least once
a week, and the school simply doesn't have enough flags for that.

One of the high schools I went to didn't have flags in the rooms (and
this was 15 years ago), but we had an internal tv system. Morning news
would be read by students (and produced by students), and we would say
the pledge during that...I guess it was during homeroom. And this was
an experimental school when it opened, I think in the early 70's.
They'd been doing it that way ever since.
--
Meself
sahm, bf mom to P, 23/12/01