Old August 18th 04, 03:33 PM
ted

T Flynn wrote in message ...
On 17 Aug 2004, Yakov Lerner wrote:
I have doubts about taking her to the mall because I'm afraid she'll
become spoiled, "consumeristic" and will demand more purchases.

She loves very much to pick and select things for herself, but so far
we bought together only small things like snacks and color pens.

I think shopping together can be a good thing because first, she's
spending time with you (YAY!) and second, you can teach her a little bit
about value vs. cost vs. price -- not to make the emphasis on dollars, but
help her see how she can make choices, she can save money and have it
later, she can donate some to a fundraiser, she can spend some or all now,
she can watch for sales, whatever. You can talk her through this.

Yes, I agree. Somewhat like a class on "opportunity cost of money".
that's a great way to teach them howmany different things $x can buy.
I don't know howmuch of that the little brain will grasp but
nevertheless, could be a great lesson as she grows up.