Old September 23rd 03, 02:12 PM
Chookie

Default Q about mastitis

In article ,
"A&G&K" wrote:

My best friend has just had a bad bout of mastitis and is trying to get her
supply back to normal without risking engorgement. (Her DD is roughly 12
weeks old ... but very small as she was 5 weeks premmie and with IUGR). My
friend isn't a big eater (thin as a rake) and so hasn't really been eating
very much for the last week. Now she's finding that her DD is still hungry
and coming off the breast to keep switching sides (like she does when milk
flow slows). My friend has had antibiotics and is recovering but was
wanting to boost her supply.

Has she rung the ABA hotline for advice?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990