Old October 8th 06, 09:40 PM posted to alt.mens-rights,alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce
Fred

Default Things to think of before you get married again..

Phil wrote:
"Fred" wrote in message
. net...
Phil wrote:
"Fred" wrote in message
. net...
Andre Lieven wrote:
"Tracy" ) writes:
"Gini" wrote in message
wrote
Deary, a vasectomy is cheaper than a month of child support. If
you
don't want to breed, don't have sex with a fertile woman,
==
And how is he to know when she is fertile?
Isn't a vasectomy only cheaper than a month of child support if
child support is more than a vasecotmy? How much is a vasectomy?
How much is a tubal ligation ?
Here's something interesting:

"The cost of vasectomy is typically 3 to 4 times less than the cost
of tubal ligation. Although prices vary, regionally, vasectomy costs
generally range from about two hundrend fifty to one thousand
dollars, while the cost of tubal ligation often begin at about one
thousand dollars and may go as high as twenty-five hundred dollars.
The cost difference is mainly due to the fact of where each
procedure is performed; an office procedure vs. a hospital
procedure."

http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/ste...zhisorhe_3.htm

But it's not really about cost, is it?

It's about taking responsibility.
Apparently, it's about applying responsibility to only men as noted
in your next statement.

Your bigotry is showing. But on we go ...

Equality is bigotry???

You aren't talking about equality. You are talking about inequality, as
in assigning responsibility to one in a matter where it is properly
assigned to both.

And let's face it, he's responsible for where his semen ends up, and
in this day and age, I don't think it's reasonable for him to say
that he didn't know *all* of the potential consequences of his
actions. So here's a question:
Another question: If men are responsible for their semen, do women
have any responsibility for allowing it near their egg?

Sure. Everyone is responsible in their areas of responsibility.

What you can't do is to hang all responsibility on one of the sexes.

So when an accidental pregnancy occurs ...

What do you mean by "accidental pregnancy"?

... tell me again how it is the sole
responsibility of the man ...

Never said it was. What I said, which you have quoted above, is that
"Everyone is responsible in their areas of responsibility." But I guess
your knee-jerk bigotry let you ignore that.

as in "And let's face it, he's responsible for
where his semen ends up..."

Well, isn't he?

I eagerly await your answer to this question.

... as if the woman has no responsibility in the
matter.

Oh, she has her responsibility in the matter, too. Never said she
didn't. (See above) But there are men out there who claim to have no
responsibility whatsoever, and that bothers me. They make sanctimonious
statements something like "her body, her choice, her responsibility",
when it's also "his semen, his choice, his responsibility". But they are
so blinded by bigotry and bitterness that they have (conveniently?)
forgotten that essential fact.

Abortion *is* one of the potential consequences.

...for the woman. How does this involve a man before pregnancy?

So this man gets to thinking about the potential consequences of
spreading his semen hither and yon, and he realizes that one of those
potential consequences might be an unwanted pregnancy, for which he
would be at least partially responsibility because, after all, it's "his
semen, his choice, his responsibility", and one of the potential
consequences of that unwanted pregnancy might be an abortion, for which
he would also be at least partly responsible, because if there were no
unwanted pregnancy in the first place, there would be no need for an
abortion in the second place.

Spread your semen hither and yon and you are responsible for the
consequences of your actions. Somebody else might share that
responsibility, but that does not negate your responsibility. It just
doesn't.

FYI, I am sterile by choice because there are so many idiots making
nonsense into law like making man solely responsible for pregnancy.

I think that it is sad that you have chosen sterilization out of fear,
rather than out of a sense of responsibility. I guess that it is a
matter of being able to be as emotionally irresponsible as possible
without having to worry about the consequences. Women as objects and
that sort of thing. But do note this: I knew a guy whose wife got
pregnant *after* the vasectomy. Turned out that he had more than one set
of tubes. Uncommon, but it does occur. You might want to keep that in
mind ...