Old October 21st 04, 08:17 AM
Mum of Two

Thanks Nikki :-)

--
Amy,
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,
& Ana born screaming 30/06/04
email: barton . souto @ clear . net . nz (join the dots!)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/carlos2002/

"Nikki" wrote in message
Mum of Two wrote:
Everyone here is so perfect!

Nah - it only seems that way when you are going through a rough patch.

It seems you all wear your babies
constantly, co-sleep with them when you aren't wearing them, rock
them for hours on end while they scream,

FWIW I co-sleep and rock mine and most the time I wonder what the hell I

did
wrong to get us all in such a predicament, lol.

Do you ever get hormonal, overtired? What is
your breaking point? Do you have one?

Sure. We all have breaking points.

I don't wear DD. She amuses herself a lot under a playgym.

Well amusing herself is a *good* thing and should be encouraged! Who

cares
if you wear her or not. That is a method of meeting a babies needs. If

you
choose not to use that method..so be it. You meet her needs in some other
way that works better for you two.

In fact, I
don't even think she likes me because she cries and struggles when I
pick her up sometimes.

Awww - that is normal baby stuff. 3.5 months was a hard age for me with
Hunter. Hang in there. By 6 months things were a lot better for me and
there is more positive feedback from the baby too.

She doesn't get enough tummy-time,
so she's starting to crawl upside down.

Oh goodness. That cracked me up ;-). I would say she is very advanced if
she is doing that!

I can't/won't cook nor bake -

So what? She doesn't care what you cook. She doesn't even eat, lol. She
won't care for quite some time. When she is old enough to care, you can

let
her make her own food ;-) Just remember that for every messy floor and
frozen pizza there is a mom who is reading a story, grabbing a moment for
herself to recharge for her family, getting some sleep so she is more
patient, playing hide and seek with the kids upstairs instead of picking

up
the toys, or spending time with her spouse to strengthen their marriage.

My
house is hardly ever messy and sometimes it should be.

I am
frequently hormonal and irrational, and constantly contradict myself.
I don't make a lot of sense most of the time, even to me.

Some of this is to be expected post-partum and adjusting to life with a
newborn. If you feel like you are really spinning out of control, speak
with your doctor. PPD, mild or even suspected, is not something to fool
around with.

At least she's breast-fed and side-slept, so she'll have a good immune
system and a nice shaped head when she starts therapy.

Tee hee.

Hang in there Amy.

--
Nikki