Old December 24th 04, 01:15 AM
slykitten

then please... enlighten me... what *is* this "forum" about??? Last I knew,
it was about single parents trying to parent their children. Forgive me for
not living up to the standards set. I'm still pretty new here. I thought
that perhaps by not only relating to some here but having some relate to me
would help... apparently no one particularly gives a damn. I'm here for the
sake of my kids, personally, I'm sick of the attitude if I call someone down
for attacking me. It's too bad, really..... a real shame. This group to me
looked like the perfect place to get advice on my son who happens to be
disabled and I'm stuck raising him alone. His bio dad is the worst kind of
deadbeat POS alive and I'm doing the best I can.... considering that with my
son's disabilities, he gets kicked around from one school to another and I
really have no choice because that's how our beloved "system" works! To
those bureaucrats, my son is nothing but a piece of meat to be tossed from
one animal to another in the hopes of getting rid of it. To me, my son is a
little human being with some real problems that need to be addressed by the
right kind of programs and support system in order for his life to be
somewhat "normal" so that way he doesn't feel like such an outcast. To be
honest, I'm just sooooooo glad that *your* kids are so perfect... so perfect
in every single way.... that *you* don't have to battle school districts
just to find placement for *your* child so he can get what he desperately
needs.... aren't *you* just so lucky that you never have to worry about how
crappy your kid is going to be treated based on his disability.... isn't
that a little something called "discrimination" when a person is treated
poorly because of a disability?? Boy, aren't you lucky???? If I were you,
I'd be very thankful that you don't have a kid with disabilities and that
your child is so bloody normal. Best of luck considering that you've
apparently reached the point of perfect success and therefore must be just
soooo much better of a parent than I am. guess that gives people like Dennis
the right to judge me. Amazing how there's tolerance for what *he* does but
there's no tolerance for someone desperate for resources in order to make
sure that her child gets the best possible care and support that she can.
You know.... Personally, I'm sick of the lack of tolerance. It's too bad....
it really is. such a shame.... hey, that's fine. Whatever....

snip

That's true, and kind, and it's unfortunate that it's not really what
this forum is about.

lm