Old March 28th 06, 03:13 AM posted to misc.kids

Default JammX Kids DVD: Can't Dance, Don't Want To

Just thought I'd let you know if you are tempted to buy or rent this,
don't bother. DS loves to dance and loves to watch people dancing
hip-hop, and it features a dancer I really like to watch named Alyson
Stoner, so I bought this DVD thinking it would be fun to watch for both
of us. Anyway, it's pretty much trash. The kids are a little mouthy
with each other, and at one point one child smacks another in the face
(albeit somewhat playfully, but to me that is poor imitative behavior).
Bobb'e J is dressed as, and acts like, a pimp. The older teen girl in
the show is scantily clad in hot pants - not something I want my child
to think is appropriate by any means. There are really only two dance
sequences in the show that are entertaining. Overall, this was a huge
disappointment and a waste of $10. I am surprised that Randy Jackson
gave it his blessing.

Here is their website if you want to see what it is I am talking about:
http://www.thejammxkids.com/

They have been featured on Ellen Degeneres and elsewhere.

-L.