Old April 12th 05, 08:37 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Banty wrote:

In article , Ericka Kammerer says...

Of course, because it's not ethical to force the other
parent into parenting another child.

Why, exactly, is it more ethical (or even not unethical at all) to force another
into parenting a child than to force another not to have a child?

I just don't see this clear-cut assymetry others seem to. (I'm not talking
practicalities, I'm talking ethics.)

I don't think *either* is ethical. If no compromise is
possible, then the only alternative is for the person who wants
children to have them solo or with someone else. One hopes, of
course, that it's possible for the couple to negotiate some
solution that works for both before it gets to that point.
If it does get to that point, then I think *both* parties are
equally responsible for the breakup--one for being unable to
deal with more children and the other for being unable to
deal with no more children.

Best wishes,
Ericka