Old February 20th 06, 06:57 PM posted to misc.kids

Default Question for religious parents

In article ,
user wrote:

I travel fairly frequently to the South ( Tennessee and NC, mostly ),
and I don't think there's been a single trip in which I haven't had
someone bring up religion. The last time I was in Nashville, I stopped
to get a haircut before meeting with a client, and the *first* thing
the woman asked was, "And have you found Jesus?"

Wow! Since I generally enjoy religious discussions, the upcoming move
to North Carolina could prove most interesting for me. (Unfortunately,
those who lead with "have you found Jesus" aren't usually interested in
a "discussion" -- but once in a while they are.)

Unfortunately, the standard rejoiner of "Yes, he's been hiding behind
the living room couch all this time! Can you believe that little devil?"
didn't seem appropriate when dealing with someone holding sharp scissors. ;-)

Alas, probably not. But *I* rather like it.

But even in areas with lots of Yankee immigrants, like the RTP area,
it seems like small talk with the merest aquaintance gets around to
religion very, very quickly.

Cool. I shall look forward to lots of religious discussions.