Old February 20th 06, 08:17 PM posted to misc.kids

Default Question for religious parents

On 20 Feb 2006 09:42:40 -0800, wrote:

To give a bit more information about my particular situation:

As a religious - non fundamentalist person, here is my personal take
on this. I encourage my children to play with all kids from all
backgrounds. I would never have a problem with athiest or anything
else. U woudl not try to convert you.

If our children played together, eventually some mention of church is
going to come up. Things like "what did you do this weekend"? "on
Saturday we went tothe church pancake supper". Or with my sixteen
year old "The youth group is going so and so, so I cant go to the
movies with you". Eventually, little notes like that will pop up
because religion is a part of our lives.

However, where I live people talk about all kinds of things. My twenty
seven year old daughter's best frint is muslim and in middle school
and high school my child fasted all through ramadan with her best
friend, and her best friend visited us on Christmas eve........