Old February 20th 06, 08:35 PM posted to misc.kids

Default Question for religious parents

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:50:41 GMT, dragonlady
wrote:

I've had people do it even here in California -- generally, they waylay
you at the store entrances with leaflets. (I've also had people selling
Jesus door to door almost everywhere I've lived.)

Well, I lived in the Chicago area for most of my adult life and yes,
there were street corner proselytizers in downtown Chicago, but in the
suburbs, I never encountered it. Not even leaflets unless you count
the JWs who sometimes went door to door. I rarely had them come
to my house actually either. I think we had 3 or 4 visits in the 30
years we lived in the same house. Never had any at store entrances
at all. Of course, we were in a very diverse area. Many different
Christian sects, lots of Jews and Hindus and Moslems as well. Oh,
yeah, and some approached people on the *el,* but again they were
pretty easy to keep away. I just ignored them, continued to read and
most of them didn't bother talking to me.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits