Old January 8th 06, 10:43 PM posted to misc.kids.health

Default 8 month old gags then vomits food

"bones" wrote in message
I'm new to the group so I do not know if this has been asked before. My 8
month old boy is bottle fed and eats beginner/6month old baby food. We
tried him on 8 month old baby food a couple of times and he gags then

vomits
everything he ate in the past few hours. We stopped giving that food but
every now and then he does the same with the cereals that we give him and
they are relatively smooth. He has been eating cereal for some time now

so
I don't know why he gags on it now.

I wouldn't panic just yet. Make sure he's as upright as possible when you
feed him. Try the same food after a few seconds in a blender. That will tell
you if it's the texture or the food itself. One of our twins did much the
same for the first year. He would even do it with milk at night. Great fun
at 3am!