Old May 24th 08, 01:43 AM posted to alt.child-support
Muddle

Default North Central Texas Corporation not remitting garnished...

child support payments in a timely manner in accordance with Texas state
law. If mailed they are supposed to be remitted and postal stamped the same
day they are garnished, if electronically remitted they are to be sent the
second business day. In this instance the corporation not the parent is the
deadbeat. I eventually get them, however they are always a week or more
late. I'm fairly sure they are holding them in a savings account for a week
or more collecting interest then when they garnish another payment they
start the process of remitting the previous payment. Given the number of
divorced people working there and the thousands of dollars quite likely
being played with by them that isn't theirs to play with they are quite
likely making a good chunk of change in interest.
The Texas Office of the Attorney General Child Support Division refuses to
do anything about this as I guess they have bigger fish to fry. I'm
thinking of placing an ad in the local paper requesting if any other
custodial parents of those working there would be interested in joining me
in a class action lawsuit against the company and the firm they have doing
payroll. Has anyone here any experience with this sort of thing,
information to impart, know any lawyers who specialize in making tons of
money off of deadbeat corporations etc.