Old September 20th 03, 06:43 PM
kiss9

Default Advice needed - birthday party and 25% of invited guests have RSVP'd - what should I do about the rest

It is a coincidence for you to post about this now because my son's birthday
party is tomorrow and only two kids invited RSVP'd. I think that it is rude,
but I try to give the benefit of the doubt to the kids and parents. Maybe
the kid forgot to mention the invitation to his parents and it stayed in his
schoolbag. That exact thing happened to my son last year. Needless to say,
he did not go the party because he forgot about it. I found the card in his
schoolbag a week later...

However, I find it hard to believe it happened to so many kids. In your
situation, I would try to contact the parents and ask them if their child
was planning to attend the party. You need to know, because it would be too
sad for all the kids to show up at the last minute when you're not
prepared. Let us know how it went!

By the way, RSVP means Réponse S'il-Vous-Plait. It's French for answer
please. So an answer is definitely needed.

Nadyne
"flowerlady" a écrit dans le message de news:
I am having a birthday party for my son in a week. I have sent out 12
invitations and have only heard from 3 (2 No's and 1 Yes). I put an
RSVP by date on the invitation (9/19/2003). I have to let the place
know how many children are attending 2 days before the party (for
party activity supplies - there will be extra on hand but probably not
enough for 9 unreserved children).
What should I do? I think it's rude not to let the host know if you
are planning on attending or not. I also think it would be rude of me
to ask the parents if they are planning having their child attend the
party. Does RSVP mean "If you're not attending"?
Last year I invited 10 children to my son's party and all but one
RSVP'd. The one that didn't RSVP sent an apology letter for
forgetting about the party. I have a hard time understanding that 9
parents would forget to RSVP to this year's party. Please advise -
what would you do in this situation?