Old August 13th 04, 01:38 AM
newfy.1

Default Opinions.....is this rude?

"Christine" wrote in message
Ok, DH wants to plan a small vacation with his 2 daughters,,,7 and
14,,,,,

he wants to take them to a huge ( FUN ) water park in Erie, then to
Canada....to see the falls,
and to the beach...etc.
from what I understand you should'nt take a baby out of the country till
they have x amount of shots....
and she cant go on the beach....she is very fair, complected, and might
burn

Use an umbrella/carseat hood.

OR be cold on the beach if its chilly ( and IT IS! ) and my main
concern is ''sand in her eyes'' she doesnt even sit up by
herself yet..shes 12 weeks....

Then bring plenty of warmer clothing.

I don't understand why the beach is an issue. There are tiny babies on our
beach every single weekend. You keep them covered up, use an umbrella. Three
months is definitly NOT too young for the beach. She'll probably like it
more than you realize.

DH thinks I should just go and sit in the hotel while him and his kids
have a ball...

Is this exactly what he said? No offense, but I hear a little bit of
resentment here.

Is it selfish of me to expect him to wait till next year, for a
vacation?

Yes, I think it's selfish of you to expect him AND his daughters to wait a
year for a vacation with him.

because I told him she would probably be able to do a beach at
age one,

Goodness, babies can do the beach at any age. Just use common sense.

but he wants to take his kids,,,,,,,
they BOTH had been on a NICE vacation already with their moms....as a
matter of fact, the 7 year old is at the beach as we speak!

But, it's not with their father...

PLUS we went to a nice resort a few weeks ago,,,it was all indoors,,,I
walked around with chloe while they had fun!

BUT this place,,( the water park ) you cant take a stroller in, and she
is too little to sit in the water, so we would have to stay in the hotel
room,,,

I can see that the waterpark might not be as much fun with a small infant,
but why can't you go shopping or sightseeing on the day they do the
waterpark? Is there no pool at the hotel? It's kind of silly to think that
you have to stay in the hotel room.

I would MUCH rather spend my time with chloe than leave her with a
sitter...that is OUT!
DH would never expect me to get a sitter either...if it was just him and
I...then I would have my mom keep her BUT i wont leave Chloe behind to
go on a ''family'' vacation!

But I just want to stay home if he wants to go that bad......

so, is it rude of ME to stay here with Chloe?

IMO, yes. It sounds like your dh is trying to plan a family vacation for
*everyone* step children included. There is going to be a big age gap
between your baby and his daughters so he's going to have to try to
accomodate both from here on out. For your dh, family vacations include your
stepdaughters.

and is it rude of HIM to still go knowing chloe is too small yet?

IMO, she isn't too small for a vacation.

I think the final desicion is that I am going to stay home with
Chloe...but i was just wondering what you all thought?

Well, I guess your decision is made then. Do you expect any resentment from
dh?

JennP.