Old August 13th 04, 02:17 AM
Larry McMahan

Default Opinions.....is this rude?

Amen, sister, AMEN!

Larry

toypup writes:

: "Christine" wrote in message
: ...
:but he wants to take his kids,,,,,,,
:they BOTH had been on a NICE vacation already with their moms....as a
:matter of fact, the 7 year old is at the beach as we speak!
:PLUS we went to a nice resort a few weeks ago,,,it was all indoors,,,I
:walked around with chloe while they had fun!

: Like everyone else said, being with their mom does not replace being with
: their dad. They need special time with their dad.

:But I just want to stay home if he wants to go that bad......

:so, is it rude of ME to stay here with Chloe?

: Yes.

:and is it rude of HIM to still go knowing chloe is too small yet?

: No. Let's put it this way, if you had two older children of your own, would
: you put your whole life on hold until the youngest was older? If so, for
: how long? Each year you put on hold is a year you miss out with the older
: children. They go through phases and when the phase is passed, it's gone.
: The oldest may not even be interested in water parks by the time Chloe is
: ready. Maybe she would be too busy with school or other activies. The time
: to build memories is now and your DH realizes that. He wants you to be a
: family. That means you give and take. One little vacation cannot be all
: that bad. I'd suck it up and go. You can always retreat to the hotel if
: you feel too tired. Read a book and go shopping while you're there and meet
: up for lunch, dinner or whatever. But if it were me, I'd go to the water
: park and do it all, because it might lead to bonding with the girls to where
: you might not find spending time with them to be such a burden (and it's sad
: that you do).