Old July 30th 03, 07:44 AM
mike and dena

Default Failed Pitocin Induction

My first baby was induced on a tuesday, hard contractions thanks to pitocin
from 9am till i was sent home at 10pm due to lack of progress. I had painful
cx all that night at home, but they stopped when I fell asleep. I returned
to the hospital for a repeat try thursday, and this was successful. The
first try was 8 days past my due date, dd was born 11 days past after
another 12 hours of labor. The doctor broke my water the second time, and
threatened csection if I didnt progress. Thankfully all went according to
plan. Until this post, I have never come accross anyone else induced only to
be sent home without a baby. What a ripoff that was! Best of luck to your
friend for a speedy, and hopefully sans-pitocin delivery!
Dena