Old October 6th 07, 04:41 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

Default Dad's Visitation Responsibility

"Lvnsurpriseaz via FamilyKB.com" u37991@uwe wrote in message
He travels from CA to AZ. I pay $200 per year towards his travel costs.
But
he chooses to travel very expensively. I was even offering my guest room
save him money.

I'm sure you were offering your guest room with the best of intentions, but
I imagine that it would be a bit uncomfortable for him to stay there. I
don't know where in AZ he is or where in CA you are, so it could be anything
from a short, few-hour drive to a very long drive. Does he fly out?
Perhaps, with the cost of gas, that seems a wise choice to him. What do you
say to him when he tells you that the cost od yiour child's sports, etc, is
covered by the CS he already pays? BTW, did he move away from you and the
child, or did you move away from him?

teachrmama wrote:
Well, the father can't have shared custody because we live in two
different
states. So he only comes out 1 weekend everyother month.

How far does he have to travel? Does he pay the transportation? Does he
have to pay for a place to stay while he is there? Visitation seems like
it
might be a very expensive proposition in his case.

My sons father pays child support and I have 100% physical custody.
Now, the

[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]
Shared custody, NO child support, and everybody's should be happy
(except for the those with a sense of entitlement).