Old April 24th 06, 05:15 PM posted to misc.kids

Default Prelim tests show bear trapped in TN not the one who killed girl (death ment)

On 24 Apr 2006 04:05:07 -0700, Bunny wrote:
___________________
I agree, it's so horrible what happened but the fact that they are now
using it as an excuse to further decimate this species is also tragic.
Just what a bunch of gun happy rednecks need is aother excuse to kill
something.

Well, it's a damned-if-they-do, damned-if-they-don't situation, isn't it?

If they don't try to find the bear, then they're stuck with the problem
of a bear who willingly attacks multiple humans, and then hangs around
even long after the attacks are over. That has obvious implications for
anyone else who goes near the area.

When they do try to find the bear, they get castigated as not being
willing to just let "nature take it's course, and leave the bear alone".
Yes, they apparently got the wrong one. And they might get the
wrong one the next time, too. But there's no way I would start claiming
that it's just an excuse for a "bunch of gun-happy rednecks" to have
an "excuse to kill something." They're just trying to make the best
of an already untenable situation.

- Rich