Old March 25th 04, 07:51 PM
Jill

Default Opinions on induction??

"Jamie Clark" wrote
If you really are excited to wait for labor to start on it's own, and to
guess what day she'll come, then hopefully you can concentrate on that,

and
resist temptation on the induction. Let her cook for as long as she wants!

I'm definitely not tempted by induction anymore! I haven't heard anyone say
anything even mildly good about it, in fact, I hope nothing happens to where
I *need* one. I feel pretty happy now with the known factor of a natural
labor, with pain meds if needed. lol!!

What bothers me, if I didn't read here, doctors don't tell you this type of
thing! I actually think a lot of people choose or agree to induction because
their doctor says "sure, why not?"...scary. But, also, I don't know why so
many people in my husband's family had them-- I didn't even realize they did
inductions 30 years ago. I have talked to one other person recently who had
an induction just because she wanted it with her second baby, and she seemed
to think it was an ok experience.. not worth the possibility of a horrible
experience IMO!

From reading here I think I am more inclined to agree to a natural
childbirth with no meds than an induction. Also, I'm phobic of abdominal
surgery so don't want to risk doing anything to cause myself to need a
C-section. I could handle one if necessary, but then after that I would
still always want a VBAC if possible, that's how much I hate abdominal
surgery, no matter how minor.