Old May 23rd 04, 02:44 AM
R. Steve Walz

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Sat, 22 May 2004 18:36:57 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:

It is not "the truth", because "correctness" of pronunciation is not
something that is "true" or "false" but rather is merely opinion.

Now, do you realize what you are saying? Do you know why we have
dictionaries showing pronunciation? So you think that correct
pronunciation is only an opinion? Wrong. In dictionaries, it is the
most accepted pronunciation that has evolved over a long period of time.

Do you think that right and wrong are not facts but opinions?

-----------------
Because there is no right and wrong EXCEPT for human opinion, and
ALL things are ONLY human opinions. If you can change human opinion,
then you can CHANGE THE "TRUTH"!!!

If so, it was people like you who committed the atrocities in the Iraq
prisons. Right and wrong are not opinions. They are absolutes.

-----------------
Nope. You must have been beaten as a child, you're sick. Right and
wrong have changed so much down through history, even recent history,
that nobody but a stupid medievalist can believe that!!

Unfortunately, the son-of-a-bitches who mistreated the Iraq prisoners,
evidently, had no value system and either didn't know right from wrong
or didn't care. They all said, "I was ordered to do that."

-----------------
That's what they SAY. They clearly enjoyed it. The Iraqis should be
abused until they give up. I don't give a flying **** if we tease and
rape them in prison, it doesn't bother me at all! I BELIEVE IT IS
RIGHT, because they don't have a fair secular democratic government,
and we're trying to make them create one by force. We HAVE the right
to do that to rescue even the few Iraqis who know that they DESERVE
western freedoms!! To me, THAT'S the highest good, and NOT their
safety!! A govt which is not fair, secular, and democratic (and only
lastly so), is a criminal gang and anyone opposing us should be tortured
to death!!

That is
totally irrelevant. You stand up for right and do not do wrong
regardless of what any superior officer orders you to do.

----------------------------
Unless they're wrong. Those soldiers KNEW in their heart of hearts
that the Iraqi culture and religion needs to have its back broken
before they can ever be civilized, and before our soldiers' deaths
can be justified!!!

If a superior officer had said, "Here, take this sword and cut that
prisoner's head off.", these fools may have done it. You never obey a
superior when he/she is wrong.
Holger

They did it not because they were WRONG, but because they were RIGHT,
you ****ing dope, they just didn't dare to SAY that TRUTH!!
Steve