Old November 26th 06, 06:24 AM posted to alt.child-support
Dave

Default Lowest of the low

We've all heard the horror stories about people splitting up and
losing their kids in a divorce where the laws favor the mother most of
the time.

I'm in a different group. I'm part of the growing group of unmarried
fathers. Many of us (maybe most of us?) were turned into dads against
our wishes. We've had the finger wagging lectures about our
responsibilities. We've heard about our obligations and how we have to
"step up to the plate".

That being said, what ever happened when it comes to having any
rights? When my son was born all I got was a form to sign that said I
was the father and that the mother gets full custody. We go to court
and I get assigned a lump of money I have to come up with every week
and all the medical bills for the birth of the baby but still no
mention of custody or visitation other than it being reserved until a
later date.

When mom decides she doesn't want me around anymore what am I
supposed to do? I can't afford to hire a lawyer. This system sucks!