Old January 6th 05, 04:06 AM
Nan

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 21:45:02 -0500, "SJP" scribbled:

Hi Nan, thanks for your reply.

The laxatives started because he used to get horrible stomach cramps. We
had to take him to the hospital more than once... The last time we were
there and they did x-rays on his abdomen they found that he was horribly
backed up. The hospital doctor recommended the laxatives and our pediatric
doctor concurred. As for him not knowing... Sometimes he's wiggling around
and everyone seems to know that he has to go to the bathroom but him. This
is what I fail to understand. He's struggling to physically hold it in, yet
insists that he doesn't have to go. Minutes later, the crying starts.
Another big surprise.

Then clearly he's not getting the right body signals. Ericka
responded with some great advice, as well.

As a former child that withheld and had my share of 'accidents', the
negative effects overall can be very damaging. Please try to get in
the mindset that he probably doesn't 'know' he has to go.

Nan