Old November 12th 06, 03:10 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce
Moon Shyne

Default Name change because parent not visiting child

"CasualObserver" wrote in message
oups.com...

Moon Shyne wrote:
"CasualObserver" wrote in message
ups.com...

Moon Shyne wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...
Dear Divorced,

I'm mom of three. Kids don't get the adult inference of surnames.
Their
name is their name. It wouldn't occur to a kid that a name "belongs"
Dad, or that they could make a statement about rejecting someone by
dumping a surname. That's adult logic, not kid logic.

Not true. My daughter, when in the 7th grade, chose to use my family
name
as her last name in school - and she was absolutely making a statement
about
rejecting the father who disappeared from her life nearly 5 years ago.

Maybe as she got older she started sounding a lot like her mother and
he faded away in disgust.

Nah - he abandoned these kids in exactly the same way he abandoned his
kids
from his first marriage (I'm ex-wife number 3)

He should give up a and go for a mail order bride from the Phillipines

Well, sure, if she's willing to be ex wife #4, I suppose