Old November 10th 06, 11:24 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med,alt.support.cancer,sci.med.diseases.cancer,misc.kids.health
Peter Bowditch

Default Soda warning: High sugar intake linked to pancreatic cancer

"Rod" wrote:

"Peter Bowditch" wrote in message
.. .
"Jan Drew" wrote:

http://www.newstarget.com/z021031.html

Originally published November 9 2006
Soda warning: High sugar intake linked to pancreatic cancer
(NewsTarget) On Wednesday, research was released from the Karolinska
Institute in Sweden that showed people who drink soft drinks or add sugar
their coffee increase their risk of developing pancreatic cancer.

It's just as well that I switched over to aspartame when I was
diagnosed with diabetes, isn't it? My pancreas is in enough trouble
already.

Maybe you will be able to tell us all how effective your switch has been?
Like do you still have Diabetes? If so, what do you believe is the cause?

I will have diabetes until I die. There is no cure. I do have it under
reasonably good control, though, which I achieved by changing my diet,
getting more exercise, and using medication )which I might not have to
take forever). If I stop the metformin and go back to eating twice as
much food as I need I will be back to where I was in a very short
time.

Nobody knows the cause, but, like many things, it appears to be a
combination of genetics and environment. It is not caused by obesity
(my spare tyre was a result of insulin resistance, not a cause), it is
not caused by lethargy, it is not caused by eating sugar. Finding a
cause will take the search for a cure a long way forward.

You suffer from a chronic incurable disease, so you should understand
that even if all the signs and symptoms are controlled the disease is
still there. Diabetes is no different. If I went a month without my
blood glucose level ever rising above 5mmol/l at any time I would be
ecstatic. But I wouldn't be cured.
--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au