Old April 10th 04, 05:22 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Default Postive thoughts for Nan, please!

DeliciousTruffles wrote:

Mary Gordon wrote:

Makes me SO glad that when I had my section, they sutured me all the
way with the dissolving stitches. I can still remember the nurse
coming to take out my staples, and being amazed I had none. I dunno,
maybe they had a med student practicing sutures. Healed to a close to
invisible hairline as well - and I do know several people who had
staples who had the wound come open again, although nothing like poor
Nan. That must have been terrifying.

I had those as well. Actually, I requested the dissolving stitches
because I cringed at the thought of being "stapled." They also did a
few rows internally before the outside was stitched.

I teared up reading her dh's post. Terrifying would be a most proper
description.

Hate to post a me too post, but can't help it - the tears happened here,
too. Still happens, actually. I can only imagine myself in her shoes,
and terrifying would definitely be the word, for sure. I'm just so glad
that the pharmacist had called an ambulance for her.

This scares me, though, since there's a possibility that I might have to
have a c-section. Makes me think that if I have to have one, I'll
demand the dissolving sutures. I'm sure I would be able to specify in
advance.