Old November 23rd 03, 08:02 PM
CME

Default Bunch of pathetic whiners

"Andrew" wrote in message
Someone posted something recently to the effect that this group had always
been about moaning how tough it was being a single parent etc (hence the
subject line, also a damn good marketing ploy for getting you to read it I
felt). Well, I would like to say that I think it is tough and its no use
pretending it isn't. I come here for the support I get from talking about

it
(alt.support etc) and any advice I can get from others who live it and

have
been through the rough patches (esp the beginning bits). So hard to find
anyone who is not in this position to talk to and the things they take for
granted that you can't do or have to consider just don't feature on their
mental maps. The flip side is that it is very fulfilling. It is really

trite
and such an 'ism' but I feel so 'emotionally fulfilled' by looking after

my
daughter as well and we do have lots of fun. She really does 'complete my
life'. I often feel bad for her mother who left the country over a year

ago
and is not getting this. This year my daughter saw a rainbow for the first
time and we oohed and aaahed it, I was there for that, her mum was not and
the firsts only come once, so sorry she (her mum) is missing them and so
glad I can see all these firsts and be with her. Often when I am out in

the
day and she's at school I see something and think, 'yeah, she would like
this show/thing/display/restaurant/film' and make plans for us to enjoy it
together like all the Father Xmas stuff they are doing in shopping centres
now. Its great!!!

Andrew
PS, the above I am well aware that once we hit the teens there are

going
to be a whole host of 'firsts' that I am not going to be so enamoured of!
She can clean up her own first pub crawl puke off the carpet methinks!!!

Your daughter is very lucky to have you.

Christine