Old June 11th 04, 08:13 PM
Nancy P

Default Door Knob covers for crystal doorknobs

I live in an 80 year old house, and all of the doorknobs are the crystal
kind. I put some doorknobs covers on rooms I don't want the kids to have
free access to, but they don't seem to work. Does anyone know if the
crystal doorknobs are a different size from standard doorknobs? Basically,
they fit over the knob, but when I turn the knob with the cover on it, the
door opens (without pushing down the buttons). I'm thinking we could
install hook and eye latches, but I'd rather not put holes in the molding.
Anyone have a solution?

Nancy