Old July 21st 05, 06:24 PM
Dusty

"rj" wrote in message
news
To get an Income Deduction Order changed in Florida, can a simple Motion

be
filed or must a Petition for Mofification be filed? The Final Order of
Dissolution of Marriage states that child support will be paid until the
child turns 18. The Income Deduction Order instructs the employer to
withhold child support until otherwise ordered by the court. So I need a

new
Income Deduction order that tells my employer that they no longer have to
withhold child support.

Sounds to me like you need to file for a modification. But I'm no legal
eagle, either. Just applying commonsense and logic to an emotionally
charged and highly illogical legal situation.

Don't ya just love the divorce circuit? It's so much fun. Just think -
you're getting a crash course in how to get screwed legally!!

In all seriousness though, file for the modification. Just don't expect the
court to allow it to happen. It's been my experience that once an order for
a certain amount is in place, they rarely (if ever) lower it - even to
guideline standards.

Look at it this way - you're their cash-cow, they have no incentive to let
you go.

But here's hoping you get it!

ps. Get an attorney to do it for you (and to file the appeal when they turn
you down). The courts detest Pro Se litigants.