Old April 24th 04, 01:35 AM
Donna Metler

Default Bedrest in first trimester?

"Dix Nix" wrote in message
u...

"Donna Metler" wrote in message
I just had a home pregnancy test turn up positive on Tuesday, and

started
spotting Wednesday night. Thursday, my OB confirmed the pregnancy, and

sent
me home with orders to stay in bed with my feet up, and come in for a

second
pregnancy test on Monday, to see what the hormone levels are doing. I am
approximately 4 weeks at this point. According to him, usually this is

just
"normal implantation bleeding" and doesn't neccesarily indicate an early
miscarriage.

My question is-does this mean I'm going to be stuck on bedrest through

the
entire pregnancy? I'm already considered to be high risk because I lost

one
baby to HELLP syndrome, and I knew I might end up on bedrest in the mid
second trimester, but I never expected anything so early-I'm already

bored
stiff after one day. (Although my husband moving the computer helps),

and
think 8 months of this will drive both my husband and I totally insane!

There is lots of things to do whilst on bedrest... Watch TV, Read a good
book, sip hot chocolates whilst doing some crafts, Or sit online and

browse
your newsgroups and emails. (or sleep daytime and watch all those weird
night time shows)

Bedrest does suck, but In the long run if it works its good. I was on
bedrest with 2 of my pregnancy's. It sucked big time but I figured 7

months
or so of doing nothing was worth it knowing that my children would be

alive
and survive. 7 months is little time (or 15 months for both not including
other pregnancies ) considering most children live at home until they are

18
or 19 or even longer.

You could be stuck on bedrest for the whole pregnancy, Or then again only
until your 12 weeks pregnant or even 8 weeks pregnant. It is something you
should ask your doctor. Its hard to tell. I had problems with 2 of mine
which then meant I was induced with one at 34 weeks and another one at 37
weeks.

I wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy. Some people just don't get much
good luck and have lots of problems with there pregnancies. (and I'm one

of
those)

Dixy Nixy

Thanks! My biggest fear is losing another baby, so being put on bedrest so
soon really scared me. It's good to hear that other people made it through
OK.