Old September 19th 06, 01:47 PM posted to misc.kids
Ericka Kammerer

Default Non-junk food and candy Halloween ideas?

Sue wrote:
"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
I don't really agree with that. Kids have been
really pleased with the non-candy items we've had--even
telling other kids on the street where to go to get them.

I like your glow-stick idea. That would be a big hit I am sure.
Unfortunately, we don't get any trick or treaters (weird street), so I just
give something nice to the two little girls that live down the street.

Well, that makes it a fairly easy shopping trip, eh? ;-)
It's relatively high density here, so we get a decent amount
of trick-or-treaters. I think it's fun to see all the kids
in their costumes, though as I said it bugs me to see the
older teens who can't be bothered with a costume out trying
to see who can score the most candy. I figure it's fine if
you're in the spirit of things, or if you're taking your
little sibs out, but if you can't manage either, you're
too old to be out trick-or-treating! ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka