Old November 9th 06, 06:36 PM posted to alt.child-support
CasualObserver

Default Child support enforcement issue

per_lundquist wrote:
State of residence is Nebraska.

I have full legal and physical custody of my two sons. My ex-wife is
supposed to be paying child support, but isn't.

I stay in touch with the state Child Support Enforcement agency, and
several times they've tried to garnish her wages when she was working.
Each time she'd quit her job to avoid garnishment. They found one of
her bank accounts and took the $10.40 that was in there. In the last
nine months they've attempted several times to suspend her driver's
license.

Each time, though, they have to back off because Nebraska has a law
that Child Support Enforcement cannot carry out any enforcement action
if the target is receiving public assistance, which she is. She had
another child out of wedlock a couple years back, who doesn't even know
he has a father, and is receiving ADC, WIC, etc.

If the government required sterilization before paying out welfare
benefits the illegitimacy problem would go away.

Is there anything I can do to personally go about enforcing the child
support order? If I file a motion to have her show cause for failing
to comply with the court order, will the court do anything, or just
shrug its shoulders because of her being on public assistance?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Btw, you sound like a bitter woman.