Old December 14th 06, 06:21 PM posted to misc.kids
Fer

Default Parenting toddlers

wrote in message
ps.com...
Haven't posted here for a while...
It's just so incredibly hard not to scream at toddlers that are bent
upon doing things that they know they shouldn't do. It's so hard to
keep a straight face and "guide" them. Especially in the morning when
you have to get everyone ready and head to the door. Anyone else has
toddlers and can commiserate or has words of encouragement

back to lurking..

I've always wondered how those people that believe that one shouldn't ever
use the words no, don't, can't ever have raised a toddler. My YS is 2 1/2
and tests me DAILY. After two other children I figured number three would
be a breeze, not a chance! I really , really don't enjoy turning into a
screaming meemee NTM that most of the time he just giggles at me :-[ Since
he is so very active having him sit down for a time out has definitely
proven to work the best with us. Of course that is of little help when we
are trying to get out the door!

So I try my best to appreciate that he is my last as well as that one day I
will miss these years terribly. The rest of the time I look forward to
being able to communicate with him fully sooner than later.

Our favorite mantra is "Thank G*d he's cute!"

I am in your camp!
Jenn