Old May 16th 07, 06:14 AM posted to misc.kids
xkatx

Default Gift ideas for a 13 year old girl (tomboy)

wrote in message
ups.com...
My niece is a little tomboy who's not into pink, or make-up &
dresses. Any gift ideas for a 13 year old girl? Thanks.

I was more like that at that age, and that wasn't too long ago...
-CDs or DVDs?
-Soccer ball/basket ball/football?
-Betta fish in a small (1gal) tank or nice little betta bowl?
-Books?
-Neat, low-maintenance plant (like a cool looking cactus, air plant or
something)?

I dunno...
If all else fails, even a gift card for her favorite store or even a gift
certificate for something like the local movie theater could be an idea.
Tomboy or girlie-girl, at 13, I think most kids like the movies!

Does she like certain activities? Maybe a new fishing rod/sleeping bag/tent
might be something to look at if she likes camping. A new baseball glove if
she likes sports. A new band hoodie or T-shirt if there's one you can find
of her favorite band. Maybe if she plays a guitar/bass/violin/etc, new
strings or a pick. If she's a drummer, a new set of drum sticks. Does she
like to take pictures? Maybe a new little digital camera (since the price
of digital cameras has gone down so much, you can get a nice little camera
for pretty cheap) New earphones/case/speakers/etc., for her iPod (if she has
one) Does she have a prepaid cell phone? Maybe a phone card and a gift card
from some place?

I remember we got a betta fish for my brother one year not long ago for his
birthday. He, at maybe 15, thought it was such a cool gift. Another year,
or maybe the other brother (can't remember!) we got him one of those air
plants. We got DS1's older brother a cactus for a Christmas present this
last Christmas, and he was turning 14 soon after. I know these examples are
boys, but they're around the same age.
Just some ideas?