Old October 21st 04, 02:15 AM
Mum of Two

Default I must be the worst mother on MKP

Everyone here is so perfect! It seems you all wear your babies constantly,
co-sleep with them when you aren't wearing them, rock them for hours on end
while they scream, and manage all this even with a dozen other children
besides and a successful career. Those of you who don't have a career cook,
bake, make your own clothes, baby products, and are basically Martha Stewart
minus the criminal record. Still others of you are _always right_ or at
least have an annoying way of posting which makes it appear that way to
everyone who reads you, myself included. Do you ever get hormonal,
overtired? What is your breaking point? Do you have one?

I don't wear DD. She amuses herself a lot under a playgym. In fact, I don't
even think she likes me because she cries and struggles when I pick her up
sometimes. She cries herself to sleep a lot, in her own room. I tell her off
when she bites me. She has cat hair in her nappy, and sometimes in her
mouth. She doesn't get enough tummy-time, so she's starting to crawl upside
down. She would rather watch TV, at three & a half months, than look at us.
I can't/won't cook nor bake - the other mothers at my coffee group thought
my scones were biscuits. I don't do sewing either. Actually, I don't do much
of anything. I am frequently hormonal and irrational, and constantly
contradict myself. I don't make a lot of sense most of the time, even to me.

At least she's breast-fed and side-slept, so she'll have a good immune
system and a nice shaped head when she starts therapy.

--
Amy,
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,