Old November 17th 03, 05:41 PM
Liz S. Reynolds

Default Losing weight during first trimester....

In article ,
Jill wrote:
I have read that depending on your weight before pregnancy, you should
expect to gain between 15 and 25 pounds during a normal pregnancy. The more
overweight to start would be the ones who gain less weight, i.e. 15 pounds,
and someone who starts out underweight would gain 25-30lbs...

That sounds on the low side to me, from what I've read, and what my dr
said, 25-35 is recommended for a normal weight woman, and only someone very
heavy at the outset should aim for 20.

I gained 35 with my first, and lost 20 in the first few weeks post-partum,
suggesting baby plus support system accounted for that much.

This time I'm on track for only a 25 pounds gain, but I'm still wearing that
leftover 15 from the first so adding more was unecessary :^)

-Liz