Old November 17th 03, 06:35 PM
SuperEeyore

Default Losing weight during first trimester....

"Jill" wrote in message
om...
I know I can't guess how much weight I will actually gain, but I am trying
to figure out what I may be able to expect...I started out a few pounds
overweight- well ok, I admit, to be thin like I was once, I'd need to lose
30-40 pounds as it is ("thin" for me is 110, I am only 5'2). I lost over

10
lbs in the first trimester.....should I expect to gain all that back and
THEN the baby weight, or will I possibly only gain 15-25 lbs from the 2nd
trimester weight which is 10 pounds down for me?

I really read up on this when I was pregnant with Juliet because I didn't
want put myself in a bad food/eating/stressed about weight gain attitude.

The main part of the weight gain is once those weeks pass, it no longer has
an effect on where you should be on the rest of pregnancy. If you lose one
week it doesn't mean gain extra the next. If you gain extra one week the
next you still gain according to the curve line.

The curve line for weight gain was in What to eat when you are expecting and
was at one of the formula company's website... I'll look for it if you want.

Laurel