Old March 12th 07, 05:37 AM posted to misc.kids
deja.blues

Default Behind the ear Discharge?

wrote in message
ups.com...
I think you are right about it being seborrheic dermatitis or even
common ezcema - but heck, it doesn't have to do with yeast.

Mine (and my kids) clears right up with a little cortisone (which I
wouldn't put on my kids unless the doctor agreed).

Mary G.

Cortisone reduces the inflammatory response, but does nothing to get rid of
the problem.

http://tinyurl.com/2f6nes

Pityrosporum Ovale, a yeast organism, is associated with seborrheic
dermatitis. Corticosteroids can sometimes worsen this condition, and damage
the skin.
It never really goes away. You can keep it under control, somewhat, but it
tends to flare up again and again, throughout ones lifetime.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seborrheic_dermatitis

Yeast organisms are difficult to treat , ask anyone who's had athlete's
foot

I never got any relief until I went to an old school dermatologist who
prescribed sulphur cream. It smells bad , but it works.