Old February 28th 05, 08:38 PM
Cathy Kearns

"toypup" wrote in message
om...

"Billy bob" billybob@bobshome wrote in message
u...
Its takes one minute for someone to take your child. (yup less then that
even)

I think there are a lot of situations reported where the child was
unintentionally taken by a car thief. You know, the child was in the back
seat and the thief didn't know it.

Define "a lot". And what percentage are car jackings (where a parent
was in the car or standing by the car) versus parents wandering away.
From what I've heard on the news, I'd guess one or two a year in the
entire US, and I'd say most of those are car jackings. Note, I'm not
saying you should leave children in cars, I'm just tired of folks fear
mongering about imagined dangers, instead of the obvious ones, like
a child overheating in a parked car.