Old February 28th 05, 10:08 PM
Nan

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:17:16 -0500, "Stephanie Stowe"
scribbled:

The car theft thing is on my mind as part of why I do not leave the kids in
the car, as if I needed too many reasons. For me, it is not so much the
likelihood, which is pathetically small. But *what if?* As I said to my DH,
who just paled upon thinking about it, the consequences are so horrifyingly
small that a vanishingly small chance is just not small enough.

This is my reasoning, as well. I won't debate the "what ifs" and
percentages of likelihoods with anyone here, but I don't leave mine in
the car for any reason other than I'd stated for opening the door of
our house and dropping my purse or groceries inside.
It's just not a risk (no matter how minute) I wish to take.

If my dd2 is asleep, I just don't stop for bread or a newspaper or
whatever. It's not important enough to me, to leave her in the car.
I always pay at the pump if the kids are with me, too.

Nan