Old July 25th 04, 02:57 AM
Tori M.

Default Boiling latex and silicone nipples

sorry I never boiled the nipples sillicone or rubber.. no need.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier due 10/17/04
"Jody Pellerin" wrote in message
There's been a bit of a debate between myself and somebody in the family
over boiling and microwaving nipples. From what I was told, by boiling

latex
nipples, it dries them out and they flake in the babies mouth. And I guess
microwaves do the same thing to them. I use the microwave to warm my
daughter's bottles, however, ours is very weak so it's usually just at

room
temperature and I shake it very well afterwards to avoid hot spots.
Anyways, to end this debate and to be safe because I boil my bottles and
nipples after every use to sterilize them, I replaced all latex nipples

with
silicone nipples. So when I told this person that they said it does the

same
thing to them... which I'm not quite agreeing on but I can't find any info
on it so I can't be certain.
Can you guys give me any info on boiling them and this issue with them
flaking? Does the same thing happen to silicone nipples?