Old July 7th 06, 06:15 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Carlye

Default Second bout of mastitis -- what can I do about this?

Anne Rogers wrote:

hmm, it depends on your size, but I always find that kind of top squashes
the breasts, perhaps in a more subtle way, but squashes non the less. Do you
wear it at night, perhaps you could cut that out if you do.

Well, this whole "go braless" thing has kind of made me wonder:
exactly -how- does one go braless when breastfeeding? During the day,
it's simply not an option -- I have to go to work, and I can't have
"the girls" flopping and spraying about. Fortunately, the sports bras
I mentioned are super comfy and squash very little. But even at night,
I leak an awful lot. Even with towels or a blanket under me, I can
soak through quite easily (and it's very unpleasant to sleep on a wet
towel, too) . How does one manage without a bra to hold a nursing pad
in place?

have you had any blocked ducts at other times that have cleared without
getting infected?

I've never had anything wrong, other than cracks/scabs that never did
anything but hurt, other than this mastitis, with either baby. I only
breastfed DD for 11 months, but still -- 11 months and no problems is a
far cry from four weeks and two infections!

Thanks, Anne.

-Carlye
DS 6-2-06
DD 9-29-04