Old February 20th 06, 04:36 PM posted to misc.kids

Default Question for religious parents

wrote:
Would you have a problem with your child being friends with an atheist,
or being friends with a child who's parents are atheists?

The reason I ask is that I am an atheist and I have a daughter who is
almost two and I live in a very religious area. Now that my daughter is
not really a baby anymore I am starting to think about these issues and
wondering if she is going to have trouble having friends.

I don't know what you mean by religious but we consider our selves
theist-leaning agnostics. I would welcome your daughter in our son's
life.

Personally, I'd have a lot more problem with the extremist Christian
kids telling my kid how "wrong" he is - which is what was done to me as
a child (I was raised to choose my own religion).

-L.