Old February 20th 06, 05:00 PM posted to misc.kids

Default Question for religious parents

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Barbara wrote:
SNIP
I tend to stay away from the bible thumpers,
because I'd rather not be told that I'm going to hell, or my kids need
to be
in church.

SNIP

And this would differ from religious people who would prefer that their
children not play with non-religious people ... exactly how?

Barbara

Non-religious people aren't going to tell you how wrong you are for
your beliefs and are not going to try to cram *their* beliefs down your
throat. One is an aggressive stance (proselytization) the other is a
passive stance.

There are definitely atheists who spout their belief
that you have to be intellectually inferior in order
to believe in God. Not *all* atheists of course,
just like not all Christians are "Bible thumpers."

I have a friend who is a born-again, extremely
conservative Christian. She bemoans the fact
that conservative Christians on TV are so often
portrayed as extremely judgmental, intolerant,
and hypocritical.

Bizby