Old February 20th 06, 06:50 PM posted to misc.kids

Default Question for religious parents

In article ,
toto wrote:

I only recently moved to the South and I hope that I never have that
experience. It was certainly not common in Chicago despite the fact
that there were plenty of Southern Baptists around. There were people
who preached on the street corners, but they were pretty easy to
avoid. I have actually seen less of those in New Orleans than I did
in Chicago.

I have never had anyone come up and start talking about Jesus to me in
the grocery store or mall stores here (but I have only been here about
a year).

I've had people do it even here in California -- generally, they waylay
you at the store entrances with leaflets. (I've also had people selling
Jesus door to door almost everywhere I've lived.)

So I'm pretty amazed, wherever you've lived, that you've never
encountered it!

(Confession: back in my youth I was a fundamentalist who did that sort
of prostelytizing at county fairs and such. I'm always polite -- but
never engage these folks in ANY conversation beyond, "I'm not
interested, thank you.")