Old July 9th 04, 08:40 PM
Jenny D

Default Sad story

"This is a terrible accusation, and the religious tidbit in now way
diminishes it: would murder for a god be less a murder?"

I agree. Some religions don't allow blood tranfusion or organ transplants.
I think it's wrong but if it's their religion, what can we do about it? I'm
not saying a religious reason makes it right, I'm just saying it may help us
to undertand her logic. (or lack there of) but certainly, I totally agree
with you... it is not right no matter what the excuse. Perhaps I should have
phrased that psrt better.

"I realize you are an extreme person who stands by her views, but this was
not a murder, it was an accident, which could also have happened in a
hospital."

I agree with you again. And if she would have gone to the hospital, I bet
that baby would have lived. Yes, of course, it may still have died in
hospital but at least she would have done all that she could for him/her.

"That woman might have lacked some judgement, but the people around her did
too, and she is not to be blamed."

What do you mean by the people around her? The only person responsible for
her birthing is herself. The mother has full responsibility.

"I sincerely hope nothing ever happens to you or your loved ones following a
decision you might have made thinking it was the right one."

If I CHOSE not to buckle my child in the minivan and he died in a vehicle
accident, I would be a stupid woman... I would be a murderer but if I fogot
because I was holding 5 bags in one hand and a screaming nephew in another,
then it would be a mistake... a horrible, regretable mistake. She did not
make a mistake, she made a choice.

How in the world could she think she was making the right decision. What
era does she think we live it? It's the 21st centure and despite how
"natural" you want to be, you cannot ignore the doctores and dozens of
qualified midwives. She had to have been mentally retarted.