Old July 9th 04, 09:58 PM
Jamie Clark

Default Sad story

"Jenny D" wrote in message
.. .
How in the world could she think she was making the right decision. What
era does she think we live it? It's the 21st centure and despite how
"natural" you want to be, you cannot ignore the doctores and dozens of
qualified midwives. She had to have been mentally retarted.

Or severely traumatized.

There are a couple women on this board who have had very upsetting
traumatizing hospital births, or sexual abuse issues in their past, and are
pretty clear and adamant that they will home birth their next babies, and
some may even want an unassisted home birth. They have real reasons for
this, some emotional, some physical, and some both. It wouldn't be my
choice, but it is theirs. Now, if more than one doctor told them that they
strongly advised against it for the health of their baby, I don't know that
would change their minds. I'd be interested in hearing what they have to
say, if they are around, and what circumstances might make them change their
stance on homebirth, assisted or not. As other people have said, in our
culture that is so pro-hospital, so interventionist, and pro-c-section, and
so adamantly against home births, it's hard to believe a doctor who says
that your baby's health may be in danger.

We don't know all of the reason's why the woman in Canada was set on having
a home birth, and we don't know all of the circumstances.

I'm very sorry for her loss.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03