Old July 22nd 05, 03:18 AM
Bob Whiteside

"rj" wrote in message
. ..
I'll bet you a dollar to a dime NO judge in Florida is going to contact my
employer. Again, is this a procedure you successfully completed in

Florida?

I'm not in Florida, but I think the termination of support process is fairly
consistent across the states.

What you really need is an understanding of the legal process to terminate
CS in Florida when a child reaches the age of majority. I paid an attorney
a $50 consulting fee for a 30+ minute session advising me about CS
termination law in my state and what I needed to file.

There may be provisions in Florida law, like in my state, where the obligor
or the obligee can make a swearing and sign the correct form for an Order
Terminating Child Support and a Full Satisfaction of Judgment. I filed the
obligor version to make sure the CS obligation ended without having to worry
about how my ex might react to the end-game process.

There is one caveat. If there is a younger, second child, the legal process
will require a modification to set CS for the remaining child.